Anti mosquito spray
In summer it is wonderful to sleep with the window open, to sit on the balcony, in the garden or even outdoors with a cool drink and to enjoy the mild evening under the starry sky. Sounds like a perfect summer evening if it weren't for those annoying little bloodsuckers called Gelsen. What can be done about them?
Did you know that insects are attracted to scent? Fortunately, the reverse is also true! There are smells that they don't like at all and therefore avoid.
6 tips on how to ward off mosquitoes
1. Beautify your patio or window sill with a few plants! For example, the scent of basil, geranium, fresh lavender, peppermint, rosemary, tomato, frankincense or lemon balm has a deterrent effect on the pests.
Scented candles, aroma diffusers and incense sticks also help as an alternative to plants .
2. You should exercise caution with perfume and strong-smelling shower gels, intense and flowery smells have an attractive effect on mosquitoes.
3. Use mosquito repellant. Those who like to use natural active ingredients are well advised to use ingredients such as lavender, cloves or lemon oil.
4. Long, light-colored clothing does not attract the pests as much as dark-colored clothing.
5. Since mosquitoes like small pools of water and love to breed there, we recommend that you avoid "stagnant water". Rain barrel and paddling pool should be covered in the evening. Make sure that no flowerpots/containers filled with water are left standing for a long time!
6. A classic protection, which is not always easy to use outdoors, is a mosquito net that keeps the animals away.
If it's too late and it's just itchy everywhere, lavender and tea tree oil, for example, can provide relief. Dab the oils undiluted, selectively on the stings.
Other "helpful" oils: cajeput , eucalyptus , chamomile (blue) , lemongrass ,Peppermint , sage or lemon oil - but be careful, these "can" possibly cause slight redness and therefore you should only use them in small doses and only in adults.
+1 Tip : Mosquito Stop by STYX Naturcosmetic - The cosmetic fragrance mixture of selected essential oils helps to keep mosquitoes and other insects away. (Also suitable for animals and horses because it contains no chemical substances.)
Make your own spray against mosquitoes and gnats
For your anti-insect spray you need:
To make the spray:
First put the alcohol in the bottle, cap and shake well. Then you can add the water and the oil and repeat the process.
Our tip: Shake the spray well before use so that all the components mix well again.
Make anti-mosquito body oil yourself
Drop the essential oils into the chosen base oil and then shake well! You can apply the finished body oil to your arms and legs. For children, you should halve the amount of essential oil!
Enjoy the summer with or without mosquitoes!
(Essential oils are always used in small doses and with caution for children!)